Merry Christmas 2008

15 years ago...

Lets see some of that old traditional Christmas spirit back in town

Comments

This thread neatly demonstrates the polarised views that people seem to have about Surbiton. I have experienced some of the drunken problems mentioned here, but find them much less than most other places I visit - for example, I would not say that Surbiton suffers any more from this than Walton or Guildford.

The house prices comment is interesting as well as I have always seen the nicer parts of Surbiton to be more expensive than places like Tooting. Places like Berrylands and Tolworth are cheap, but I can think of many places I would move to before central Surbiton if I were looking for cheap housing!

Like stepping over drunks, walking around projectile vomit, crossing the road from a stabbing, slashing up against the ymca wall, flobbing on the Nationwide cash machine

Yep, have a merry traditional Christmas in Surbiton

yes - nice pool of fresh vomit outside my house. Still - nicely offset by the piles of dogmess in St Marks Hill. . What an unhygenic s***hole this country is.

You're mistaking Surbiton for Brixton or Tooting mate!

Never lived in Brixton but Tooting was really cool but had to move to find low cost housing.Cant say i have ever seen much of an edge to Surbiton but rarely visit the YMCA end.

Tooting ..cool? I was there last week and not one person in any of the shops I visited or the cafe I ate at had any coherent grasp of English.

Sounds like an every day tale of Suburban living or it may be a street theatre freeform installation sponsored by the Arts council or the Rose.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

By posting content on Surbiton.com, you agree to adhere to the following guidelines.

• Your username and password must only be used by you, keep them safe. If a posting is made using your username and password it will be considered to have been posted by you. If you have a friend who wants to use our site and post messages on the site, show them how to register.
  • Be courteous at all times, inciting racial hatred, posting abusive, obscene, threatening, harassing, defamatory, libellous or sexually explicit material or any material that is found to be offensive is not acceptable and we may suspend your username and password.
  • Retaliating to offensive posts causes more problems for other users on the discussion boards. Just report such messages to us using the Feedback link which is available at the top of every page or the 'report this' link associated with individual postings. We will act on every report we receive.
  • Please respect other people's work and do not post material that infringes copyright.
  • Do not post information that you know to be confidential or sensitive or otherwise in breach of the law. You should only post material that you know to be public knowledge. If you have any doubts do not post it on the site.
  • Never attempt to gain unauthorised access to any area of the site. This is known as hacking and is illegal.
  • Content posted represents the opinions of the author, and does not represent the opinions of Surbiton.com or its affiliates and has not been approved or issued by Surbiton.com. You should be aware that the other participants are strangers to you and may make statements which may be misleading, deceptive or wrong.
  • Spoofing or posing as another user is unacceptable. Anonymous users' postings should always be considered with suspicion.
  • Help keep Surbiton.com a safe place for information and opinion. Please alert us of any anti-social behaviour as described above.
Please note that Surbiton.com does not monitor the comments posted and we are therefore reliant upon users reporting antisocial behaviour.